IFZA – International Free Zone Authority requires an Internal Auditor to be based in its HQ in Dubai Digital Park. The Internal Auditor will add value and improve our operations by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes. The successful candidate will possess a thorough knowledge of accounting procedures and a sound judgement.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement internal audit policy and procedures to safeguard compliance with standards and regulations.
- Develop and implement complete audit plans and programs for evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of the company’s systems of internal control and the quality of performance in carrying out assigned responsibilities.
- Determines the level of compliance with company policies and procedures, UAE federal laws and government regulations.
- Evaluates the accuracy, effectiveness and efficiency of the company’s electronic information and processing systems.
- Validates the company’s assets and assures that proper safeguards are maintained to protect them from losses of all kinds.
- Issues periodic reports to senior management summarizing the results of audit activities and findings.
- Trains, and develops departmental employees with sufficient knowledge, skills and experience to meet audit requirements.
- Builds and manages effective supportive relationship with external auditors.
- Identifies and designs anti-fraud criteria and controls.
- Investigates financial misconduct.
- Maintain open lines of contact with management and the audit committee and keep them up to date on any potential risk.
- Assists with the effectiveness of company’s paperwork, including contracts or agreements, as well as the implementation of audit programs in compliance with departmental needs.
Skills & Requirements
- A degree in accountancy, economics, finance, computing and business studies.
- 3-5 years of financial, operational or compliance audit experience in an internal audit department.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles, control procedures and audit techniques.
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations.
- Relevant audit-related certifications.
- German speaker will be an advantage.